As of this writing, the National ID System is still waiting for the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR). RA 11055 or the “An Act Establishing the Philippine Identification System (National ID)” was effective last August 25, 2018 as per report of Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). The IRR will be released in this month of September.
What is National ID System?
The law seeks to harmonize, integrate, and interconnect the countless and redundant government IDs by establishing a single national identification system to be known as the Philippine Identification System. The following are the information that will be seen in the National ID:
- PhilSys number
- Full name
- Facial image
- Date of birth
- Blood type
Articles About National ID System
Here are some of the articles published in the People’s Television (PTV) website.
- PCOO chief bats for gov’t printing of national ID
- Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Martin Andanar on Saturday expressed hope that the printing of the national identification cards would be a task assigned to the government and not the private sector. “Well maganda sana kung mapunta iyan sa (It would be good if the task is assigned to) one of our printers – either National Printing Office or APO Production Unit,” Andanar said in an interview over Radyo Pilipinas. Continue reading…
- Bicolanos favor National ID System
- After President Rodrigo Duterte signed the Philippine System Identification Act (PhilSys Act) or the National ID System (NIS) on Monday, many Bicolanos gave positive reactions on Thursday. Hansel Arcilla of Camarines Sur, in a phone interview, said, “I’m positive with the National ID System so that one ID is enough, also for the accountability of every Filipino”. Continue reading…
- Majority of Pinoys back national ID system
- The newly-enacted Philippine Identification System law got “extremely strong” approval from majority of the Filipinos, a latest Social Weather Stations (SWS) survey said. The survey, which was held more than one month before President Rodrigo Duterte signed the National ID system on August 6, showed that 73 percent of Filipinos approved the national ID or Phil-ID. Continue reading…
- Roque: Privacy protected in national ID system
- Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque on Monday said Filipinos have nothing to fear with the enactment of the national ID system, saying privacy rights will remain protected. Roque said that the Philippine Identification System Act, signed by President Rodrigo Duterte into law Monday, the government is mandated to protect personal information that may be gathered in connection with the law. Continue reading…