The Civil Service Exam schedule for 2019 is expected to be around March 2019 for the first batch and August 2019 for the second batch. The filing of application for the first batch will probably be around the last quarter of 2018 particularly in the month of November.
Note: This is based from the 2018 Civil Service Exam Schedule only. The final CSC Exam Announcement must be the final basis for the 2019 Civil Service Exam Schedule. Let’s wait for the official announcement of Civil Service Commission (CSC).
If you want to be update for the official announcement, just type your email in the box below and you will be notified via email.
Please UPDATE me!
Civil Service Exam Schedule from 2015 to 2018
Have you seen the pattern for the schedule of exams? If we will just look at 2017 and 2018, it is safe to assume that the schedule for the first batch of exam for 2019 will be around March, and the filing will start this coming November.
For the mean time, if this is your first time to apply to CS Exam, you must be familiar with the requirements and qualifications.
Note: Acceptance of applications shall be on a FIRST-COME, FIRST SERVE basis and shall be closed any time before the deadline if the CSC Regional or Field Office has already reached the target number of applicants.
What are the qualifications to apply for CSE?
- You must be a Filipino citizen and at least 18 years old, and of good moral character.
- You must have no criminal record, or has not been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude.
- You must not been dishonorably discharged from military service, or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government.
- You must not taken the same level of career service examination within three (3) months from the last examination taken.
I am not a college graduate. Can I still apply?
By all means! YES! There is no more educational requirement or units taken in college. As long as you are 18 years old, you may take the exam. No need for High School Diploma or College Diploma in the requirements.
Civil Service Exam Document Requirements
- Fully accomplished application form (Download link: CS Form No. 100 Revised September 2016). The spaces for “Signature of Applicant” and “Right Thumbmark” on the form should be left blank. These shall be accomplished in the presence of the CSC processor.
- Four (4) copies of identical pictures with specificationas follows:
- Philippine passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)
- colored, with white background
- printed on good quality photo paper
- in standard close-up shot (from shoulder level up with the head and face occupying at least 80% of the picture and with the name tag position at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin)
- in bare face (with no eyeglasses or any accessories that may cover the facial features)
- showing left and right ears
- taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- with neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- with full and handwritten (not computer-generated) name tag in the format: First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any (e.g. JUAN C. DELA CRUZ, JR.), and signature over printed name
- taken within the last three (3) months prior to filing of application
- Original and photocopy of any valid ID containing applicant’s clear picture, date of birth, signature, and signature of the authorized head of the issuing agency such as Driver’s License, SSS ID, GSIS ID, Philhealth ID, current Company/OfficeID, current School ID, Postal ID, BIR ID, Barangay ID, Voter’s ID, Valid Passport, or Police Clearance (Note: Any other ID not included in the list shall NOT be accepted.) IDs lacking information, particularly the applicant’s date of birth, should be supported by Birth Certificate issued/authenticated by the National Statistics Office (NSO) or Local Civil Registrar (LCR).
Note: For the testing center and other important reminders, they can be read in the examination announcement of CSC. Below is the sample for 2018 Civil Service Exam.